SPENDING DEADLINES FOR 2017-2018 OPEN FUND GRANT GROUPS
Printing: All grant printing should be submitted to StudentPrint for processing no later than 12:00 noon on Friday, May 4th.
Office Supplies: The University Bookstore supply cards should be available for use until Thursday, May 31st.
The ASM Open Fund Grant application for 2017-2018 is now closed.
The application for the 2018-2019 academic year will open July 30, 2018.
The ASM Open Fund Grant is a program for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs). The goal of the program is to simplify the process by which RSOs can use small amounts of grant funding from ASM for routine operational and recruiting purposes. With the Open Fund, RSOs eliminate the hearing process, simplify the application, and have funding available throughout the year. All groups can receive a maximum award of $200 from the Open Fund. The grant funds are allocated on a first come, first served basis and may run out.
The $200 award is distributed to the following funding line items:
- $150 in printing (from StudentPrint)
- $50 in supplies (from the University Bookstore)
Once your group receives an award notification:
- You must attend a workshop with an ASM Financial Specialist before accessing your grant funds.
- The purpose of the workshop is to familiarize your group with ASM’s Grant Policies and Procedures and answer any questions you may have that are specific to your group.
- Please contact the ASM Financial Specialist to schedule your group’s workshop: email@example.com.
If you are a new organization (or if you have never applied for an ASM Open Fund Grant in the past), you may have difficulty submitting the application. Contact the ASM Office if you think this situation may apply to your group.
Workshops will be scheduled individually for the remainder of the academic year – please send available dates and times to the ASM Financial Specialist for scheduling your group’s workshop:
Please do not show up to attend a workshop without first scheduling it with the ASM Financial Specialist – your group’s materials will not be prepared for you.
All workshops will be held at the Student Activity Center, 333 East Campus Mall, Room 4301 unless otherwise indicated.
What are the next steps?
- All Groups must have Registered Student Organization (RSO) status with the Center for Leadership and Involvement (CFLI) in order to receive funding. Your group needs to register with CFLI every fall in order to keep your organization’s status active. Make sure your group’s name that is registered with CFLI is the name you use in your Open Fund Grant Application. If at any point your RSO status with CFLI is not classified as “Approved”, your group’s grant funds could be suspended and you could be asked to repay any funds that you’ve already spent.
- Your group will be sent an Open Fund Award Notice via email to the 2 main grant contacts. This email will also include information regarding scheduling a mandatory Open Fund Grant Workshop – the workshop MUST be attended in order to access the grant funds.
- To change contacts for your grant, or for additional assistance, please contact an ASM Financial Specialist.
Additional Open Fund Grant Resources:
- ASM Policies and Procedures
- ASM Logo and Disclaimer
- ASM Open Fund Grant Guidelines
- ASM Open Fund Grant Contact Change Form
- StudentPrint Order Form
- ASM Open Fund Grant Training Presentation
- ASM Open Fund Grant Memo