Timeline for Spring 2018 – Special Election:
- April 23, 8:00am – April 24, 5:00pm: Online ASM elections
- April 24, 9:00pm, Preliminary Special Election results will be posted on the ASM homepage: asm.wisc.edu
Registered Student Organization (RSO) & Third Party Organization Candidate Advertising Permission Form
(Previously titled “Registered Student Organization Candidate Advertising Permission Form)
About the Elections
Every student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is eligible to vote for Student Council Representatives for their school or college as well as members of the Student Services Finance Committee (SSFC). Students interested in running for a position can contact the Chair of the Student Elections Commission, Emma Hlavin, for information on candidacy declaration forms.
Student Election Commission
The Student Election Commission (SEC) is a subcommittee of the Student Judiciary that plans and executes the election. It is comprised of a Chair and Vice-Chair from the Student Judiciary and a number of hired commissioners who work on many different aspects of the election ranging from design & advertising to dorm outreach. The SEC welcomes any student interested in improving student voter turnout!
Contact the SEC Chair, Emma Hlavin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the fall, elections occur when there are vacancies on Student Council or the Student Services Finance Committee (SSFC) and when there is a referendum on the ballot.
- Student Council elections: Each Spring, students from different colleges run to be elected to the ASM Student Council. All thirty-three (33) council representatives are elected in the Spring: Professional (2), Graduate (7), Letters and Science (12), Human Ecology (1), Education (1), Business (2), Agricultural and Life Sciences (2), Engineering (3), Nursing and Pharmacy (1), and Special (2).
- SSFC elections: There are generally two to three openings on SSFC that are elected during the Spring.
Follow the Student Election Commission (SEC)
for updates on the ASM Elections!
PAST ELECTION RESULTS: