ASM Interns complete 9-12 hours of work per week for 3 credits of independent study with a faculty member. Those 9-12 hours of work include:
- Three office hours per week
- Regular attendance at weekly intern class
- Weekly meetings with their Campaign or Committee
- Weekly meetings with the Intern Coordinator (another student and former intern who can provide guidance)
- Attendance at the Intern Retreat at the beginning of the semester
- Creating a semester plan and other homework assignments
- Complete paperwork necessary for the student to register for credit
- Assign a final grade for the intern at the end of the semester*
- Faculty may assign additional assessment requirements at the beginning of the semester. Often faculty assign a final paper, a weekly journal, or regular meetings with the faculty sponsor.
- Provide any needed assistance or referrals.
* ASM Staff will send a letter at the end of the semester to the faculty sponsor detailing the intern’s work and recommending a letter grade. This grade is based on the Intern Coordinator’s assessment. Contact Kelly Krein firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the Syllabus for Intern Class or for the ASM Intern Grading Criteria.