The ASM Travel Grant application for the
2015-2016 academic year is now open!
Recognizing that Student Organizations play an important role in the campus community and in the education of UW-Madison students, ASM has established the Travel Grant Fund. Traveling to conferences, trainings, competitions and other off-campus events helps to train student leaders and enriches the resources available to Student Organizations. The ASM Travel Grant Fund allows RSOs to travel to places and events that serve to further the goals of the groups.
Attending the trip should benefit the campus beyond the immediate traveler(s) by bringing back some variety of information or service to the UW-Madison campus.
Please read the following links below before submitting a grant application:
Travel Grant restrictions:
- Travel Grant amounts cannot exceed $3000 (or $500/person if less than 5 people traveling)
- Travel Grant applications must be submitted SIX weeks before travel
- Travel Grant applications will time out after 10 minutes, so use Word to compose your justifications prior to initiating your application
Per ASM and University policies and procedures:
- As of July 1st, 2015 any airfare purchased MUST be purchased through FOX world travel.
- ASM cannot reimburse for any flights purchased through any other vender
- ASM cannot reimburse for any travel costs (ex. Car rental) bought online through Orbitz
- ASM cannot fund trips that have occurred prior to your travel being approved
Please remember: ASM cannot reimburse any travel costs incurred before your travel grant has been awarded AND before you have meet with an ASM financial specialist.
What are the next steps?
- After your application has been submitted, the Finance Chair will review your application and decide on the eligibility of granting a hearing. You can check the approximate date of your grant hearing here. This list is updated every Tuesday and is only an approximate hearing schedule. An email will be sent to the two main contacts on the event application with the official date and time about a week before the hearing date.
- Within 36 hours of your grant being approved by FC, an award notice will be sent via email to the two main grant contacts. Instructions for the next steps of accessing your grant funds will be sent in an email, including how to schedule a required meeting with an ASM Financial Specialist to access your grant funds. Failure to meet with an ASM Financial Specialist will result in the inability to access funding. Organizations receiving grant funds MUST meet with an ASM Financial Specialist within 60 days of receiving their grant or they will forfeit all grant money.
- All documents necessary for reimbursement MUST be submitted to an ASM Financial Specialist within 30 days from returning of travel. Failure to do so will result in loss of grant funds and your RSO will be responsible for payments.
If you have any questions regarding the grant applications or process, please email Ariela Rivkin, ASM Finance Chair.