Reminders for Open Fund Grants
In order to receive printing in time for the Student Org Fair, you must have completed your group’s workshop by September 9th. StudentPrint will guaranty readiness of all orders placed by 12:00 PM September 12th.
The ASM Open Fund Grant is a program for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs). The goal of the program is to simplify the process by which RSOs can use small amounts of grant funding from ASM for routine operational and recruiting purposes. With the Open Fund, RSOs eliminate the hearing process, simplify the application, and have funding available throughout the year. All groups can receive a maximum award of $200 from the Open Fund. The grant funds are allocated on a first come, first served basis and may run out.
Applications for the 2016-2017 academic year are now open!
The $200 award is distributed to the following funding line items:
- $150 in printing (from StudentPrint)
- $50 in supplies (from the University Bookstore)
Once your group receives an award notification:
- You must attend a workshop with an ASM Financial Specialist before accessing your grant funds.
- The purpose of the workshop is to familiarize your group with ASM’s Grant Policies and Procedures and answer any questions you may have that are specific to your group.
- Please contact the ASM Financial Specialist to schedule your group’s workshop: email@example.com.
August 30, 2016 – 2:30 to 3:30 PM
September 6, 2016 – 10:30 to 11:30 AM
September 7, 2016 – 2:30 to 3:30 PM
September 8, 2016 – 10:30 to 11:30 AM
September 9, 2016 – 2:30 to 3:30 PM
All workshops will be held at the Student Activity Center, 333 East Campus Mall, Room 4210 unless otherwise indicated.
What are the next steps?
- All groups must attend a workshop no later than September 12, 2016 in order to use grant funds for Student Org Fair printing.
- All Groups must have Registered Student Organization (RSO) status with the Center for Leadership and Involvement (CFLI) in order to receive funding. Your group needs to register with CFLI every fall in order to keep your organization’s status active. Make sure your group’s name that is registered with CFLI is the name you use in your Open Fund Grant Application. If at any point your RSO status with CFLI is not classified as “Approved”, your group’s grant funds could be suspended and you could be asked to repay any funds that you’ve already spent.
- Your group will be sent an Open Fund Award Notice via email to the 2 main grant contacts. This email will also include information regarding scheduling a mandatory Open Fund Grant Workshop – the workshop MUST be attended in order to access the grant funds.
- To change contacts for your grant, or for additional assistance, please contact an ASM Financial Specialist.
Additional Open Fund Grant Resources:
- ASM Policies and Procedures
- ASM Logo and Disclaimer
- ASM Open Fund Grant Guidelines
- ASM Open Fund Grant Contact Change Form
- StudentPrint Order Form
- ASM Open Fund Grant Training Presentation
- ASM Open Fund Grant Memo