The ASM Open Fund is a program for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs). The goal of the program is to simplify the process by which RSOs can use small amounts of funding from ASM. With the Open Fund, RSOs eliminate the hearing process, simplify the application, and have funding available throughout the year. All groups can receive a maximum award of $200 from the Open Fund. The grant funds are allocated on a first come, first served basis and may run out.
The $200 award is distributed to the following funding line items:
$150 in printing (StudentPrint)
$50 in supplies (University Bookstore)
The Open Fund Grants for 2013-2014 are now closed.
Check back in July for application information for 2014-2015!
All Groups must have Registered Student Organization (RSO) status with the Center for Leadership and Involvement (CFLI) in order to receive funding. Your group needs to register with CFLI every year in order to keep your organization's status active. Please check CFLI's website for more information.
- Make sure your group's name that is registered with CFLI is the name you use in your Open Fund Grant Application.
- Your group will be sent an Open Fund Award Notice via email to the 2 main grant contacts.
- The 2 main grant contacts will also receive an email from ASM requesting their attendance at an Open Fund Workshop-the workshop MUST be attended in order to receive the grant funds.
- If at any point your application is rejected funds could be withheld and you could be asked to repay any funds that you've spent.
- To change contacts for your grant, please contact an ASM Financial Specialist.
For additional assistance, please contact an ASM Financial Specialist at:
Additional Open Fund Grant Resources:
Student Activity Center (Room 4301) • 333 East Campus Mall • Madison, WI 53715-1380 • Phone: (608) 265-4276 • Fax: (608) 265-5637