Follow the SEC on Twitter and like us on Facebook for updates on the ASM Elections!
Timeline for Fall 2015 Elections:
- Monday, September 7, 9:00am – Monday, September 21, noon: An online Candidate Declaration Form will be available to fill out for all students interested in running for open Student Council seats.
- Friday, September 18, noon: All petitions for referenda, initiatives and recalls must be turned in to the ASM office (Rm 4301, Student Activity Center)
- Thursday, September 24, 7:00pm: Candidates and sponsors of initiative, recall, or referenda must attend a mandatory information session (Location TBA)
- October 12, 8:00am – October 14, 5:00pm: Online ASM elections
- October 14, 9:00pm, SEC Press Conference and announcement of preliminary election results (Location TBA)
About the Elections
Every student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is eligible to vote for Student Council Representatives for their school or college as well as members of the Student Services Finance Committee (SSFC). Students interested in running for a position can contact the Chair of the Student Elections Commission, Min Hwang, for information on candidacy declaration forms.
Student Election Commission
The Student Election Commission (SEC) is a subcommittee of the Student Judiciary that plans and executes the election. It is comprised of a Chair and Vice-Chair from the Student Judiciary and a number of hired commissioners who work on many different aspects of the election ranging from design & advertising to dorm outreach. The SEC welcomes any student interested in improving student voter turnout!
Contact the SEC Chair, Min Hwang: email@example.com
- Freshman elections: In the fall, only students who are registered and classified as Freshmen with the University Registrar are eligible to run for and vote for the four Freshman Student Council seats.
- Student Council elections: Each Spring, students from different colleges run to be elected to the ASM Student Council. Twenty-nine of the thirty-three council representatives are elected in the Spring: 1 business, 2 CALS/Veterinary Medicine, 1 Education, 2 Engineering, 6 Graduate, 2 School of Human Ecology/Pharmacy, 12 Letters and Sciences, 1 Law, 1 Medicine, 1 Special Student.
- SSFC elections: There are usually two to three openings on SSFC that are elected during the Spring.
PAST ELECTION RESULTS: