There are several ways to get involved with your student government:
Student Council & the Student Services Finance Committee (SSFC)
Student Council and SSFC seats are elected through popular vote by the student body. Freshmen seats on Student Council are elected during the fall semester and all other Student Council and SSFC seats are elected during the spring semester. Read more about the Student Elections.
Get Appointed to a Position
- The ASM Nominations Board interviews and hires students to fill a variety of paid and volunteer positions.
- The Shared Governance Committee appoints students to serve on university committees across campus that make decisions that impact student life, activities, and interests.
- The Student Election Commission hires students to plan and execute the ASM student elections.
Volunteer on a Committee
- Any UW-Madison student can join an open committee to get involved with ASM.
- Visit the committee pages below to learn about the work they do, when they meet, and how you can get involved:
Become an ASM Intern
If you're looking to become more involved on campus, learn more about your student association, or advocate for issues with UW Administration, Madison City Council, State Legislature, or Federal Congress, you should consider applying for the ASM Internship Program.
Attend an ASM Meeting or Event
All ASM meetings and events are open to UW-Madison students. View the ASM Upcoming Events calendar.
Student Activity Center (Room 4301) • 333 East Campus Mall • Madison, WI 53715-1380 • Phone: (608) 265-4276 • Fax: (608) 265-5637