The ASM Event Grant Application for the 2016/2017 season will re-open at the end of July, 2016
Is your registered student organization interested in bringing or creating a unique experience on campus for other UW-Madison students to enjoy? Recognizing that Student Organizations play an important role in the education of UW-Madison students and that on-campus events enrich the campus community, ASM has established the Event Grant Fund. The Event Grant Fund shall be used to support on-campus events that are educational, informational, free and open to all students on campus.
Event Grant may not be used for supplement events of departments or any other entities
RSO must control and take full responsibility for use of ASM grant
RSO’s are limited to one budget transfer per grant
No RSO shall receive more than 5% of overall Event Grant budget ($11,000)
RSO’s may not modify or edit the logo
Before you Apply, please review:
- Due to the large number of grants, ASM highly encourages groups to apply sooner than the 6 week deadline to ensure your grant is heard early enough to meet with staff before your event.
- Event Grant applications must be submitted in full SIX weeks before event.
- Event Grant applications will time out after 10 minutes, so use Word to compose your justifications prior to initiating your application
- A valid “wisc.edu” email must be used in the application for both the primary and secondary contact. Failure to do so shall nullify the application.
ASM EVENT GRANTS WILL RE-OPEN AT THE END OF JULY, 2016
What are the next steps after submission?
- After your application has been submitted, the Grant Allocation Committee Chair will review your application and decide on the eligibility of granting a hearing. You can check the approximate date of your grant hearing here. This list is updated every Tuesday and is only an approximate hearing schedule. An email will be sent to the two main contacts on the event application with the official date and time about a week before the hearing date.
- For event grants over $4,500, the grant must get final approval at the next Student Council meeting, held every other Wednesday at 6:30pm 4th floor of the SAC.
- Within 36 hours of your grant being approved by the Grant Allocation Committee, an award notice will be sent via email to the two main grant contacts. Instructions for the next steps of accessing your grant funds will be sent in an email, including how to schedule a required meeting with an ASM Financial Specialist to access your grant funds. Failure to meet with an ASM Financial Specialist at least 3 days prior to your event will result in the inability to access funding. Organizations receiving grant funds MUST meet with an ASM Financial Specialist within 60 days of receiving their grant or they will forfeit all grant money.
- All invoices, receipts, entertainer contracts and any other payments pertaining to your event grant MUST be submitted to an ASM Financial Specialist within 30 days of your event date. Failure to do so will result in loss of grant funds and your RSO will be responsible for payments.
- All printing and advertising for the event MUST have the ASM Logo & Disclaimer on it (whether or not ASM is paying for the advertising). Funding will be revoked if both items are not displayed
Important Grant Forms:
- 30 Day Extension Form
- Event Grant Contract
- Event Grant W-9 tax form
- Grant Memo Form
Please direct any further grant application or procedural questions to the ASM Grant Allocation Committee Chair (email@example.com) or the ASM Finance Staff (firstname.lastname@example.org)