The 2016/2017 ASM Event Grant Application is now open!
Is your registered student organization interested in bringing or creating a unique experience on campus for other UW-Madison students to enjoy? Recognizing that Student Organizations play an important role in the education of UW-Madison students and that on-campus events enrich the campus community, ASM has established the Event Grant Fund. The Event Grant Fund shall be used to support on-campus events that are educational, informational, free and open to all students on campus.
Event Grant may not be used for supplement events of departments or any other entities
RSO must control and take full responsibility for use of ASM grant
RSO’s are limited to one budget transfer per grant
No RSO shall receive more than 5% of overall Event Grant budget ($11,000)
RSO’s may not modify or edit the logo
Before you apply, please review the following:
Key ASM Policies and Procedures
- ASM Policies and Procedures
- Event Grant Flowchart
- Specific policies related to lodging:
- There is a lodging maximum the ASM can pay when using event grant funds. To calculate the lodging maximum, please use the lodging calculator
General Application Restrictions:
- Requested grant amounts cannot exceed 5% of the overall event grant budget
- The grant application must be submitted in full at least SIX weeks before event.
- The event grant may not be used for supplement events of departments or any other entities
- A valid “wisc.edu” email must be used in the application for both the primary and secondary contact. Failure to do so shall nullify the application.
- The grant application site will time out after 10 minutes, so use Word to compose your justifications prior to initiating your application
After Submitting your Grant:
- Review the Event Grant Flowchart
- After submission, the Grant Allocation Committee Chair will review your application and decide on the eligibility of granting a hearing. You can check the approximate date of your grant hearing here. This list is only an approximate hearing schedule. An email will be sent to the two main contacts on the event application with the official date and time about a week before the hearing date.
- After being heard, an award notice will be sent via email to the two main grant contacts. If your event grant is over $4,500, the grant must get final approval at the next Student Council meeting, held every other Wednesday (after which you will receive the award notice). The award notice email will provide information on important next steps, including scheduling a required meeting with an ASM Financial Specialist to access your grant funds. Failure to meet with an ASM Financial Specialist at least 3 days prior to your event will result in the inability to access funding. Organizations receiving grant funds MUST meet with an ASM Financial Specialist within 60 days of receiving their grant or they will forfeit all grant money.
- All documents necessary for your event MUST be submitted to an ASM Financial Specialist within 30 days after your event. Failure to do so will result in loss of grant funds and your RSO will be responsible for payments
- All printing and advertising for the event MUST have the ASM Logo & Disclaimer on it (whether or not ASM is paying for the advertising). Funding will be revoked if both items are not displayed.
- IMPORTANT: if you are requesting reimbursement and have a 30 day extension, please note that ASM cannot process any reimbursement after 75 days from the date of event! There are no exceptions to this deadline.
**Reminder: ASM cannot reimburse any event costs incurred before your event grant has been awarded AND before you have meet with an ASM financial specialist.**
Important Grant Forms and Information:
- Grant Memo Form
- 30 Day Extension Form
- Event Grant Contract
- Event Grant W-9 tax form
- Reimbursment Information
- Event Grant Survey and Evaluation Form